Imagined Moments

Disclaimer: fiction

I feel you lie next to me. Your hand grabs my thigh, your face buried in the back of my neck. I smile, half awake, with you close.  

You’re telling me about your day but I can barely understand your sleepy murmurs. And then you’re quiet. Your hand that used to move up and down my thigh is now just resting, your breath now steady. I turn around to face you, your hand moving to the small of my back. I asked if you had something to eat, all you could manage is a slight shake of the head, your eyes still closed. I kiss you lightly and tell you I’ll cook something up for you and attempt to get up, but you pull me closer. *Dito ka Lang*, you say. And I have the stupidest, happiest smile snuggling closer to you. I will never get tired of this, resting my palm on your cheek, watching you sleep, our bodies barely touching, having you close, just being in your arms. I could stay here forever. I could die like this- die a happy woman in the arms of her beloved.   

As if on cue, you snuggle closer, resting your head by my chest, whispering inaudible words. You take my leg and place it across your body so I can *dantay* you. I chuckle, surprised but ever so grateful that we can share a bed together. I play with your hair and lull you to sleep. After a while your breath is steady again and you’re asleep in my arms. I wish I could freeze time or make it go slower - but I focus on the now, this feeling of peace, of gratefulness, of ecstasy.  

Comments

Popular Posts